What to Look for in a Bus Dealership
Marketing and Sales Support
There are quite a few bus dealerships around the country, each seemingly with specific advantages. Unfortunately, most dealerships are several hundreds of miles apart and can be difficult to compare. How can you know which one is the best fit for your company? Exploring the following points can help you and your team make your decision about which dealership to choose:
- Variety and size of inventory: Inventory is an easy way to be able to tell whether or not your needs are anticipated. If a dealership has a large inventory, odds are that you will be able to find what you’re looking for, rather than wait for a vehicle to be built. This also decreases the chances of being pressured into buying a vehicle that doesn’t fully suit your needs simply because a dealership doesn’t have what you’re looking for in-stock.
- Ease of financing and leasing capabilities: Many companies prefer to either finance or lease their vehicle, but this is not always an option with certain dealerships. You’ll want to entrust your financial decisions with those you can rely on.
- Age of dealership: If a bus dealership hasn’t been around for very long, it can be hard to verify that it’s a reputable organization that puts its customers’ needs first. You’ll want to ensure that there are proper procedures in place, so that your transaction is quick and as smooth as possible. A company that has spent an extended amount of time in any given industry typically stays in business due to proper, ethical business practices.
- Location: While a bus dealership might not be in your backyard, you may want to consider how far away potential dealerships are. If you decide upon a dealership that isn’t close to you, consider whether or not they offer warranty and service assistance as well as other conveniences.
- Response time to customer inquiries: When you’re gathering information about a certain vehicle or process (be that leasing, graphics installation, service guarantees on used vehicles, etc.), you shouldn’t have to wait long for that information. Look for a dealership that stands by its word and puts your needs first.
- Willingness/ability to stand behind products: It’s important for customers to know that a dealership has garnered the reputation over time that they’re willing to stand behind their products post-sale and not “disconnect” as soon as the deal has completed. You will want to work with a company that treats you as a partner, and not just as a sale. Look for dealerships that have policies in place which ensure that you remain connected after your sale, such as a helpful warranty department or parts for future maintenance.
- Variety of enhancement options: In order to ensure that your transaction goes smoothly, look for a dealership that offers value-added services. Amenities such as various delivery options, custom lettering and graphics, service department, and parts department will help save you both time and money.
Hopefully these points have helped narrow down your decision for the right dealership for you. If you have any questions about the points above, call TESCO at 800.227.3572 today for an answer to your inquiries.